HEALTH. CHARACTER. COLLEGE.
SwingPals' mission is to build a foundation of health and strong character in children facing adversity. Using golf as a medium, students develop mindfulness and self-regulation skills, empowering them to pursue their passion and fulfill their potential to create positive change in their community.
SwingPals offers each student:
1. first-class golf coaching that empowers the child to step outside of their comfort zone
2. mindfulness, emotional regulation, self-awareness coaching
3. mentors through Big Brothers Big Sisters
4. transportation from school to the golf course and home
5. help to develop improved health and character through coaching and service projects
6. tours of local universities and resources to assist with college access
As an urban youth program, SwingPals works with schools and students in Durham County that experience the most need, as measeured by the rates of free or reduced-price lunch and statewide test scores. The program begins in 6th grade and follows students through high school. Most students are middle schoolers from one of our four partnering middle schools: Brogden, Shepard, Neal, and Lowe's Grove. As a young nonprofit, this is the first year that we have a high school class in the program and we are steadily increasing our capacity and expanding our program every year.
This is where you come in...
To fund our ever growing program, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Even though The Great Human Race 5k
hosted by the Triangle Nonprofit & Volunteer Leadership Center is over, the fun is not! Donations will be accepted through June 1st! Let's push hard for the final lap!