Child Care Services Association
The Volunteer Center of Durham’s GREAT HUMAN RACE is a 5k run and community walk that supports area nonprofits, and CCSA is participating this year on April 30, 2016!!
Please consider making a donation to support our ongoing work in early childhood! Making a difference for an early childhood professional means children are better prepared for success later in life.
In 1990, Child Care Services Association created the Teacher Education and Compensation Helps (T.E.A.C.H.) Early Childhood® Project to address the issues of under-education, poor compensation and high turnover within the early childhood workforce. The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Project gives scholarships to child care workers to complete course work in early childhood education and to increase their compensation.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Project Goals
· To provide educational scholarship opportunities for people working in regulated child care centers and family child care homes
· To increase the knowledge base of early childhood professionals working with young children, thus improving the care these children receive
· To encourage child care programs to support the continuing education of their staff
· To provide increased compensation that is directly related to increased education
· To reduce staff turnover by supporting the above goals while also requiring from participants a one year commitment to child care after their scholarship year
· To provide a sequential professional development path for teachers, directors and family child care home providers currently in the field
· To create a model of partnership for improving the quality of care that children in child care programs in North Carolina receive
For more information on the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Project, please visit this link